Tuesday, February 21, 2012

E.T. cookies...you know the kind you'll phone home over!

Hey there my peeps!!
It's been a busy weekend but I've loved every minute of it!!  We had us a little HouseParty HgTv watching fun on Friday night, friends from the ATL in until Monday morning and despite the LARGE bags and dark circles under my eyes....I've loved it all!!  
I made these cookies a week or so ago and they were so yummy and I'm so sorry I'm just now getting around to sharing them with you!!

I call them ET cookies well because helloooo  ET loved the Reese's Pieces candy!!!
Let's make some cookie happiness!!


You'll need these things
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup room temperature butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup Resse's Pieces (I used the mini baking chip version)



Grab the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar and whip that all together in the mixer.
Beat until light and fluffy...about 5 minutes.
You should stop and scrape that bowl down a few times too..then add the egg and vanilla.
Mix that in well.

Take the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt and yes yes....I sifted them
Add this SLOWLY to the creamed mixture



Mix it all together really well.
You should probably take your pinky and swipe a little taste, you know for quality control purposes!



Now carefully mix in those Reese's Pieces
We don't want to harm the little ones


I just went ahead and pre formed all those nice balls of cookies at once on a big piece of parchment paper.  This actually worked really well and I wondered why have I never done this before!!!



Then I baked them at 350 degrees for about 8-12 minutes.
I baked mine on a Silpat mat but you can just use the parchment paper if you like.




Remove from oven; edges will be set but centers will be soft
Cool on racks and do not try to cram one in your mouth right away!
They are really hot and I'm not confessing to anything!



Hard to look at like this and not think about how great one of those hot cookies would taste, huh??




It's just some lovin' from the oven!!



No I did not eat this whole plate of cookies



I could have but I didn't...well not at least at one time!

What kind of new and fun cookie recipe have you made lately?
You have a secret way to keep your cookies nice and moist and soft??
C'mon give me the cookie secrets!!!  oh...here's the printable.

Have a great one my peeps, I have a lap full of warm from the dryer sheets that are just screaming to be put back on my bed so remember....

Peace, Love & Yummies!!!

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF