Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pancakes, Pancakes, Eat 'em with a fork!

Pancakes, Pancakes,
Eat 'em with a fork!
Pancakes, pancakes!
Don't be a dork!
  ----Dave the Barbarian


I don't even know who Dave the Barbarian is but I think I like him and you know I like pancakes. Especially when you jazz 'em up a little like I did.


Let's make PANCAKES!!!!


First thing to do is take 3/4 cup of milk and add 2 Tbsp. of white vinegar.
Mix that up and set aside for about 5 minutes to "sour".
And yes, I always buy my vinegar in the mondo huge jug.  I use it to clean, do laundry, you name it!



Now we need this stuff....
1 cup AP flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
cooking spray for griddle



Mix up the flour, sugar, baking soda & powder and salt in a bowl. 
Whisk those together to combine.


Whisk a beaten egg and the melted butter into the "sour" milk



Now add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
Just until all the lumps are out, we don't over mix our pancakes.
Be gentle



Spray (or butter..and YES I sprayed the griddle, no extra butter)
and heat to medium high heat.

Pour the batter onto the griddle (when it's good and hot) by scant 1/4 cup full.
I actually used my big pampered chef dough scooper.




Now grab this secret little ingredient out of your pantry.
Or if your feeling really rambunctious...fry up your own bacon and crumble it up.



Sprinkle over the tops of the pancakes and let cook until bubbles form on the surface
then.......


flip them!




Let that side get all nice and golden brown and then it's time to eat!



Little bit of butter, little bit of syrup equals a whole lotta happiness!!



Really, when this is on your plate can you have a bad day??



Let me also say that Hubster and I found the perfect ratio of this is 2 regular pancakes to 1 bacon pancake. It was the perfect amount of bacon in the pancakes!




Then that syrup gets all cozy with the pancakes and bacon and well folks...it's just true love!!
Forget Edward and Bella...this is the stuff love is made of!!!



Make some pancakes for your family and make them happy!
Heck you should even make pancakes for dinner and really make them happy!!!
And here is the handy printable for you.

Normally I'm a Bisquick pancake kinda girl but I found this new recipe and well doggone it, I just loved the texture and the fluffiness of these!  I think I've found my new pancake batter and now I can't wait to try out some other flavor variations on them!! 

What is your favorite pancake?  Are you a plain, a bacon, a fruit, peanut butter??
Come on...tell me what you like!!

Peace, Love & Pancakes!!!
                                                             

1 comment:

  1. I love making them from scratch as well. I'll have to try the vinegar to "sour" the milk. I like to throw blueberries in mine and sometimes add a good heaping spoonful of brown sugar to the batter also. I make huge batches on the weekend and freeze so we can have them some during the week also for a quick breakfast. My Kim came over one Saturday morning and was like "what in the world are you going to do with all of those pancakes". Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF