Monday, June 25, 2012

Home Made Mango Ice Cream

Hey There Peeps!!!

It's Monday...I'm exhausted and no I didn't just make this ice cream.
It was wedding weekend and my house has been full and busting at the seams with love and fun and laughter!!

The wedding was beautiful and things went smoothly and now the happy couple is off to Florida honeymooning with Tropical Storm Debby.  Don't worry I'll be sharing some wedding photos with you guys soon!


I made this yummy ice cream a few weeks ago when some very ripe Mangoes arrived in my basket and  I needed to do something with them super quickly so I did what any normal sane ice cream lover would do.  I made ice cream duh!!!
I'm not a huge mango fan but have been told I would be if I'd ever had a good one.  Well I still don't know if the mango is worth the trouble to eat but this ice cream sure was yummy.


Here's what you need:
3 large mangoes, peeled, seed removed and cubed (approx. 2 cups)
3/4 cup sugar
Juice of 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
1 cup half & half
3/4 cup milk




Combine half & half, milk and 1/2 cup of the sugar in a bowl and stir well to dissolve the sugar


I ended up whisking the mixture and it worked better



In a food processor (or blender) puree the mango, 1/4 cup sugar and lemon juice until smooth



See how pretty it is??





Now pour that mango mixture into the milk mixture



And stir it up really good.



Now a little trick I've found is I go ahead and get my ice cream freezer ready and have it spinning before I start pouring.



Now just pour that mango lusciousness into the ice cream maker.



Let it do its thang and turn that into a frozen concoction




When it's done you should have some




No really....you NEED to have some



You peeled those mangoes and you deserve it!




Look at the creamy fruity goodness and just scoop out a spoonful.




Ah yes bring it to your mouth!!!



Stick your face into dish and lick up every last bit of it.
Sorry...no photos of that folks.


Sooo I'm guessing someone is out there thinking...."hey Samma, can we use any fruit in this?"
I'm gonna go with yes because I'm just about to mix up a batch of peach myself because you know it's like a bazillion degrees in Texas!

I'll let you know how it goes!!!

Peace, Love & Cool Yummies!!!
                                                     

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI...the PEACH was AMAZING. I used the half & half but this time I used 1% milk. So yummy!! I think I've found the new fruit ice cream base!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF