Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pasta Salad with Zucchini, Tomatoes & Feta

Hey there Hi there Ho there Peeps!!!!

I've just been busier than a swarm of honeybees and we are getting down to the wire for the wedding.  Several guests who will be staying with us will arrive Thursday afternoon and then of course we are in full on wedding mode Friday and Saturday. whew...I'm already tired!!
Not to mention that I have about 10 or 11 dozen brownies to make too!!  eeeeek!!!






Time to up the meds because you know I saw this on Pinterest this week and it's so very appropriate!!

In all seriousness....share your meds!!!
Hahahaha   Let's get down to a nice little salad.

It's fast, it's easy and it will satisfy those nice little vegetarians in your life.



12 oz. Farfalle (bowtie) pasta
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 whole lemon
salt
pepper
2 zucchini
10 oz. package grape tomatoes
1/3 cup minced parsley
Feta Cheese, 6 oz. or more (more if I'm coming to dinner)


First things first, get that pasta going on the stovetop.
Just follow the directions on the box.
Then drain and rinse in cold water until cooled.




Chop up those zucchini



Now cut those tomatoes up in half lengthwise please.



Mince that parsley.
This is before mincing and by the way, I used my pizza cutter to mince the parsley.



Grab that cooled off bowl of pasta
You can use other pasta if you like but hey, what's cuter than a bowl full of bowties??



Juice the lemon really well and add the juice to the pasta




Now add the olive oil.



Salt & Pepper to taste.  Now you need to actually TASTE this as you don't want to undersalt the pasta.
You could also add a little more lemon juice or olive oil depending on how your family likes the pasta.



Toss zucchini, tomatoes, parsley and feta into that pasta and mix to combine.
I used my hands...yes, they were clean but it was just easier to mix it all together using my hands than a spoon.  Sometimes simple is best you know!



Serve that up in a bowl and just to make the world a happier place....toss on a bit more Feta.



Enjoy this simple lovely dish.
Adding some grilled shrimp I think would just send this right over the top.
You could also do some nice grilled chicken too.



Either way....it's just delish!!!
And simple and easy and no oven required because yes, it's already HOT in Texas!!

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go have a panic attack because I don't have my list made out of things to do before Saturday yet!!!!  Yikes...please tell me I'm not the only one who cannot function without my list??!!!    

Peace, Love & Summer Yummies!!!

                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF