Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cookies, Cookies, and more Cookies!

This post brought to you by NECTRESSE™Sweetener. All opinions are 100% mine.

Cookies Cookies Cookies!!! We love cookies!!!  And what better way to make cookies than to make 4 kinds with 1 batch??!!  Hellloooooooo, let's make everyone happy!!

 


I wanted to make some cookies and I've been using this amazing new sweetener in my tea so I thought hey Samma...let's try the sweetener in the cookies!!   I mean I love tea peeps. Like I REALLY REALLY REALLY love tea.  Green, black, red, white, hot or cold I love me some tea. The fact that I drink so much tea means that I can't enjoy one of the greatest beverage choices in the world sweet tea as much as I would like.  So when the opportunity came for me to try NECTRESSE™Sweetener there was no better place to start than my beloved tea.  I'm happy to say I'm enjoying my tea with sweetness again with zero calories!   So it's tea tested and this mother approved so let's try baking with it!!

 

To get the cookie party started we're going to need:

 

2 cups + 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 1/2 sticks butter, melted & cooled

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar or 12 packets of NECTRESSE™Sweetener

1 egg + 1 egg yolk

2 tsp. vanilla extract

Variety of mix-ins:

 

                        

 

I used chocolate chips, m&m's, reese's pieces and white chocolate/craisin.

 

 

 

First things first, grab that butter and get it in the microwave, melt it and let it be cooling while you get out the other things you need.   While you're at it, just get the oven ready at 325 degrees.

 

 

 

Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.

I just used  my whisk.  No, you don't have to sift.  Happy now??!!!

 

 

 

In another bowl mix the brown sugar and sugar/sweetener until combined.

You don't really need to do this in a mixer.  I used mine out of habit but it's not really necessary.

 

 

 

 

Now add in the melted butter, just mix to combine.

 

 

 

See, didn't need that mixer at all.

 

Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.  Just stir those in as well.

 

 

 

Gradually add flour until a dough forms.

 

 

 

You know like this.  

Now is the time I separated my dough into 4 equal sections.

 

 

 

In the first batch I mixed in craisins and white chocolate chips

 

To make big fat cookies, roll into balls and then rip the balls in half.

Stack them on top of each other. 

 

 

The next batch got chocolate chips.

 

 

 

Get those rolled up and on the baking sheet.

I use my silpat mat every time I bake cookies, no exceptions.

 

 

 

Let those bake for about 12 minutes.

You want the edges slightly brown and the center all soft and puffy.

Don't overbake the cookies!!!!

 

Remove to wire racks and let cool and get the second batch in the oven.

 

 

 

This is the M&M batch.

 

 

 

There was also a Reese's pieces batch.

 

 

 

When those cookies are cooled enough to hold you can eat!

 

 

 

And dunk in the milk

 

 

 

 

 

And then eat and dunk again....

 

 

 

 

 

Because you really need to try each batch.

 

 

 

Invite Charlie Brown to the party, I'm sure he loves cookies and milk!

Just store those in an airtight container with a slice of bread and you're good to go.

 

 

So my peeps, have you heard of Nectresse? It is a 100% natural sweetener made from monk fruit and from the makers of Splenda.  Never heard of monk fruit?  Me Either!!! I learned that monk fruit is a small green melon that is grown in remote regions of Asia.  It's not new, no no no not at all, it's been growing in Asia for hundreds of years.  

 

 

 

Lisa Ling, who has a family history of diabetes, has made a video explaining more about Nectresse.

Give it a quick view...don't worry I'll be here when it's over.

 

 

 

 

 

 

If you would like to try this fabulous new 100% natural sweetener for yourself, just click on over to get a FREE sample of NECTRESSE™Sweetener. Try it in your coffee, your tea, your baking.  I think you'll enjoy it and when you are ready to buy more, it's sold in supermarkets everywhere.  

 

Enjoy the day my peeps and let me know if you have tried this new sweetener and what you think about it!

 

 

 

Peace, Love & Sweet Yummies

                                                       

Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF