Sunday, August 5, 2012

Cornflake Chicken Tenders, Baked Not Fried












 Happy Sunday my peeps!!!  The most excellent of news....the Hubster has emerged from the Grand Canyon hike and will be home in the bed with me tomorrow night!!! Woohoo!!!   oops...sorry that may fall into the TMI category.  Anywho I'm so excited that he's safe and just needs to drive 16 hours to make it back home to me.  I was getting pretty lonely and the retail therapy was getting a little expensive!    I bribed  begged the Abogg to come home on Friday night and hang out with me this weekend and help me mow the yard.  It's REALLY hot and I just didn't feel like doing it by myself.  He got in about 7:30 Friday night and off we headed for dinner because we were starving like Marvin.  Went to a nice little place called Baja Grill.  They have the bomb diggity bomb bombest Margaritas!!  Then Saturday I let the Abogg catch up on some sleep before we headed off to the mall to finish picking up some new school duds for him.  He didn't need much but we had a full day of shopping to the max.  So much that I could tell he was ready for some "guy" time with his friend who's leaving Monday for D.C. to start his new Army career and I sent him off on his way.  I played catch up on a few DVR shows and watched the Olympics.  Today the boy was mowing the yard at 7:30 this morning. Um, sorry neighbors, I told you guys it's really really hot here!!!
Off to mass then a little brunch at Cracker Barrell and then we just hung out at the house and he headed back to Wacko Waco about an hour ago.    Last night home alone thank you Jesus, Joseph and Mary!!!

Well after all that reading and rambling you've probably worked up an appetite or gave up and left thinking you'd just never get the recipe for this here tasty chicken.  HAH fooled ya!  Here it is:

Cornflake Chicken Tenders

yeah they taste as yummy as they look and are even easier to make so let's get this chicken party started.





Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

Crush up about 1/2 cup (or more) of cornflakes in a big shallow pan



Add in about 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese (or more)



then add 2 Tbsp. of Ranch Dressing mix.
We like things a bit spicy around here so I used the Spicy Ranch version.


Now in another shallow bowl (I like using my pie plates for this), mix together 2 eggs and 1 Tbsp of buttermilk.



Just use a fork and whisk it around.



Now dip a nice big chicken strip into the egg mixture.



Then dip it in that cornflake mixture
Then do it again.  That's right I just told you to double dip.
Don't freak we're baking the chicken. But two trips through the egg mixture & two through the cornflake mixture.


Just line them up in a nice baking dish.
You should spray that baking dish really well too.
Uh yeah, spray before putting the chicken in the dish.
Pop them in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until done.




Pull them out and serve them up!!
I personally like to eat mine with this delightful home made Honey Mustard Dressing.  I make it pretty often and I love it, love it, love it!!!   Sometimes I even put it on my salad but mostly it's for dipping.
The Abogg and I are dippers.  What about you, dip or no dip?

What do you like with your chicken strips?  Let's have a dip confessional!

Well peeps I know this has been short but wordy but I gotta run. Bolt's getting ready to run on the Olympics.  (Actually I already know that he won but I want to see it with my own eyes).
On our trip to Jamaica last year we saw his high school and the people of Jamaica LOVE this man.
He's funny and fast!!  I'm also cheering on the USA's Justin Gatlin too!!

Peace, Love & Olympic Yummies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF