Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders...oh yeah ya'll

Happy TuTu Tuesday!!!

I promised I'd be back with a goodie and I shall not fail you today!!

So I had this chicken and was all like "what the heck can I do with this chicken that I haven't already done".  Well I don't know about you but when I ask myself those kind of tough questions I just turn to the expert.....PINTEREST!!     hahaha  yeah you got it baby, it's the next best thing to google!!
However please don't be deceived, I've made more than my share of well shall we say...not so good items from the old Pinterest board too.   As a matter of fact this past weekend I made not one but two items that just didn't quite do it for me.  So yeah, I'm deleting those bad jammas from my boards!!

These were yummy so we shall make them!!


First up you are going to need this stuff:
1 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup to 1 cup finely chopped pecans  (as you can see the food processor did this work)
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Creole seasoning

Combine all of the above and mix well, set aside



In another bowl pour 1/2 cup of buttermilk

Find you about 2 lbs. of chicken tenders



Dip the chicken in the buttermilk, then dredge it through the pecan mixture
(sorry, I must have gotten excited and forgot the photo!)



Lay those all side by side in a baking dish
I had to use two baking dishes and yes, I did spray them before I started.
My theory...better safe and spray than sorry and scrape!



Now drizzle about 1/4 cup of melted butter over the top of the chicken
Pop in a 350 degree oven and let bake for about 18-20 minutes.


Now we need us a little Honey Mustard Dressing to go with that there chicken



1 1/2 cups mayo
1/4 cup dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard
1/2 cup honey


mix that up all together and good



Slap it in the jar and chill until dinner is ready!
(sorry Court--- I forgot to pack this in your bag before you left the other night)



gets them chickens out of the oven and have yo self a feast!!
These were really good and I declare them a keeper!!

By the way, have you seen these in your grocery??



I think I'm in love....no really I think I am!!
I love fall...even if it has been 85 degrees this week!!!  :0)

Peace, Love and Pumpkin Spice Bagels ya'll!!
                                                            

Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF