Monday, November 21, 2011

D'oh Nuts....Donuts

Call me Homer Simpson but I do love a good doughnut.  However my doctor and my jeans prefer that I not eat them very often.  What's a girl to do???  Well, you buy yourself a doughnut pan and bake them in the oven!!  Yes sir eeee bob!!   That's just what I did and you can too!!!

Time to make the doughnuts!







In a bowl you need to mix together your dry ingredients.

  • 1 cup cake flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3 tablespoons dried buttermilk powder


In a separate bowl mix together the following wet ingredients

  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons water



Beat those wet ingredients until frothy
Now dump the wet into the dry all at one time



Mix just until moistened and combined
it's not the time to take out your frustrations...delicate batter people
be nice



now fill your doughnut pan about half full 
and pop in a 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes
They are done when the tops spring back when touched



See how nice and golden they look!!
Now while they were warm, I dumped them from the pan
and rolled then in a Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar mixture

It's all about the accessories; even for doughnuts
 


and then I had hot fresh baked doughnuts from my own oven


yes they were yummy....would they have tasted better if I deep fried them...probably
but you know I didn't and for that reason, I can have two!!!

The next doughnut I'll be trying...Red Velvet Cake doughnuts with a cream cheese glaze
Yeah that's healthy right???!!!!!

Peace, Love & D'oh Nuts!!!
                                                           

Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF