Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Popeye knockoff biscuits

Hey there ho there!!!
What up my peeps!!!

Today we are going to make the easiest biscuits in the world! Yep ....super deee duper easy peasy!
The Hubster totally loves the pop of eye's food and especially those oh so buttery biscuits so when I saw this recipe I just had to try this one out.

Let's bake some biscuits!!!    For some reason I have no photos until after the biscuits were done. Go figure???  Here's what you need



2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-up
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

Cut your sour cream into the Bisquick.  Use a pastry cutter or two forks or whathaveyou.
Hey use your fingers if you want, I won't tell!

Now add the 7 up to the mix.  This makes a nice soft ooey gooey dough.

It's time to get messy!!!   
Sprinkle additional bisquick out on a board or your counter (hey, that's what I did) and roll that dough out and cut into biscuit shapes.  Make sure you gots plenty of the baking mix on your hands too cause it's some sticky stuff.

Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan or an iron skillet or any ole' pan you feel like.
(Boy...these directions are just soooo specific today aren't they?!!)

Place cut biscuits in pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.  If you want the full popeye experience.... just slather some butter all over the tops of those hot biscuits.





yeah I know... I had my doubts upon first glance out of the oven




But I slapped it on a plate with some butter



and you know what?  They DO taste like the ole' Popeye's!



Then we had them with some soup and it was good, the end. 


Peace, Love & Yummies my friends!

                                                      

Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF