Thursday, August 2, 2012

Confession of a Cooking Fail

Hey There Peeps!!!

Just wanted to drop in and say hello and let you know that while the Hubster is hiking in the heat bowl called the Grand Canyon I'm occupying myself pretty well.   Not cooking much but getting tons of little and kinda big projects done around the house.   Which has also lead to some new thoughts I have for the direction of this here blog.  Did you know thinking while moving furniture all around your house and vacuuming and straightening up a closet can be very inspirational? No really, I mean the whole house has been so quiet today and I was too lazy to walk back down those stairs one more time to turn on the music  and  I just had my own thoughts to entertain myself.   I mean I love cooking and baking and don't get me wrong I will definitely still be doing that as the primary focus of the blog but I'm gonna expand a bit too.  Because seriously, I do NOT cook like a chef every night!!!  
No really, it's true.   I wish I could tell you that I make dinner every single night but that just isn't the case and sometimes we will actually eat big salads 3 or 4 nights and then popcorn one night. Doesn't make for very exciting blogging so my mind is churning out some new ideas for the blog diggity blog blog.

In the meantime I wanted to share with you a serious cooking fail on my part.  Why share?  Yeah I could just pretend I never made them and not tell anyone and no one would know other than me, Hubster and the Mere but you know what?  Everyone needs to know that everybody fails at some time and I'm certainly no exception to that rule.  Not by a long shot baby!!!

So here was the epic fail.


What??  Donuts??  Epic fail?? How on earth can that be Samma??
I don't know really.  I mean I followed the directions and I don't know what happened.
Seriously who ever thought that a Strawberry Frosted Donut could be bad??
They were all wrong from the texture, the sprinkles (shut the front door yes I dissed the sprinkles), the drippy frosting, you name it!   
But you know what? You have to try new things and you might fail but you will NEVER succeed!!
Donuts, life, love....it doesn't matter sometimes you just have to jump in and try.
As for me and this fail I will just wallow in the success that was the Pumpkin Spice Donuts and continue on my donut baking quest.   

I'm only slightly ashamed to admit this but I didn't shower until 4:30 P.M. today.
I was a busy bee but I have to give you a tease and say....Courts room "grew up" today.
Photos and deets later!!  As for now I'm off to Hobby Lobby.

Peace, Love & Yummies!!!

5 comments:

  1. You inspire me dear!! and Salad and popcorn...both great meal options!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had some popcorn for dinner tonight with a little leftover veggie pizza! Miss ya my dear Old Friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. popcorn and pizza...that's just about as close to a perfect meal as I can imagine. Throw in a nice cold beer and it is perfect!!! Love and miss you too my sweet friend!!!

      Delete

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF