Monday, March 18, 2013

Baileys Poke Brownies

Well I hope all you Irish and Irish wannabes had a great time yesterday with St. Patricks Day!

It's a fun day, more fun for some than others.  We fall into that less fun category but nonetheless we do try to have a little "green" cheer around here.

I wanted to make some dessert but I didn't know what and I might mention I also didn't want to go to the grocery store and it couldn't have ice cream.  I gave that up for Lent and let me tell you, whew it's been a rough Lenten season!  So I thumbed through the good ol' Pinterest and finding nothing that suited my fancy exactly but triggered a memory.  Poke cakes!  Remember the poke cakes?  Usually it was a white or yellow cake baked in a 9x13 pan and then you poked holes in it when it was still warm and poured some weird jello concoction into it?   Well I figured if it's good enough for jello it's good enough for booze!!   So I dug around in the pantry and this is what we have.



This is a picture from Instagram & Twitter:
The caption: Something Wicked This Way Comes
(oh and follow me on the Twitter and Instagram and I'll follow you back! I'm an Instagram junkie)


 Nothing extraordinary just grab a brownie mix of whatever sorts you have hanging about.
If you need a mix, I highly suggest going to the Costco or the Sams Club and picking up a big ol' box of those Ghirardelli brownies.  I keep them in my pantry and let me tell you more than once have those things saved the day and a midnight trip to the grocery. 



Just make whatever brownies you have however the directions tell you.
Pull those luscious things out of the oven, fight your family off because they'll be swarming around after the smell of brownies cooking wafts through the house.


                         

Now poke some holes in those brownies.
I might suggest NOT using a straw, they kinda melt in hot brownies.
eh, live and learn




Now just grab that bottle of Baileys and just pour it all over those warm brownies.
yes, pour some more it's St. Patrick's Day for heavens sake and you can't have ice cream.
Oh wait, that's just me but go ahead pour some more!




Now see that Baileys all just hanging out, I kinda tilted and jostled the pan around to get it all down the holes and crevices of the brownies.  Then just let them be, they need to rest while they drink it all in.
slurp, slurp, burp
Since you have the Baileys out you could go ahead and have a little sumpin' sumpin' for yourself.
Just saying.....


Oh I almost forgot, toss a few extra chocolate chips on the top too.
They can melt right in.
(my chocolate chips look all petrified but they came right out of the freezer where I keep hide them.

I don't have photos of the next step because my camera was swiped off the counter to take pictures of something else. So let's just close our eyes and visualize....
Take a can of white frosting and put it in the mixer.
Add a few drops of green food coloring and mix it up good.
When the brownies are cool, frost those babies.





Then I just grabbed some green sprinkles because everything is better with sprinkles for heavens sake don't you know?!    I also tossed some little mini chocolate chips on the top too.



I might have put the frosting on a bit soon but who cares??!!!



oh my look at all the ooey gooey goodness





they should make brownies like this to take to the UN, people wouldn't fight as much




If you want one please come over to my house, because that booze doesn't exactly "cook out" and I couldn't send them to school with the Mere or to work with the Hubster.  
Since I would like for my pants to fit tomorrow I need some help eating these....please??!!



“May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks, may your heart be as light as a song, may each day bring you bright, happy hours that stay with you all the year long.”.....Irish Blessing


Peace, Love & Shamrocks 
Shamrock
                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF