Monday, March 25, 2013

Cheesy Hash Brown Bake

Good Morning Peeps!!

I'm just back from a long weekend in the beautiful state of Arizona.  Might I say.....I COULD SO MUCH LIVE THERE!!
Seriously do people in Arizona willingly leave their state?  I mean it was gorgeous and the luscious aroma of those orange trees! Crazy good!!!! They don't taste good, quite bitter but the smell oh lawdy me that smell!!!!    We were visiting Arizona State with the Mere and wished we could have stayed a little longer.  But real life was waiting for us back in freezing cold Texas.  blek!

Anyway, that time difference is wrecking a bit of havoc on my sleep but it's ok since the dog doesn't mind if I hang out in my PJ's this morning and work up a blog post.

This is a Cheesy Hash Brown Bake recipe that I got from SusieQ and modified it a bit but it's just a good yummy thing to take over to some friends house, a potluck or even as a funeral casserole. Hey, I'm a southern girl so we always take food when there is a funeral.

It's pretty simple and the longest part is waiting for it to cook.  So let's get our cheese on!


Mix together 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 1 can cream of cheddar soup, 1 cup plain greek yogurt and 3-4 sliced green onions.  Now you need a 32 oz. bag of southern style frozen hash browns, thawed.  Mix the hash browns with the soup mixture, and mix it up real good.



Now grab a sleeve of Ritz crackers and crush them up really good.
Then melt a few tablespoons of butter and pour over the cracker crumbs.


Mix them up and then sprinkle over the top of the hash brown casserole.




Then if you are feeling a little naughty sprinkle on a little more shredded cheese.
Remember no such thing as too much cheese!



Now pop that in the oven and bake on 375 for 50-60 minutes until browned.



Serve it up and make someone happy.
(you should probably let it cool a little bit cause it's kinda hot with all that cheese!)





We had ours with some Pecan Crusted Chicken Fingers and while that sounds quite yummy I've just not been happy with the way they've turned out at all either time I've made them.  Next time we'll just have these Cornflake Crusted Chicken Fingers.

If you wondered that's my yummy home made honey mustard dressing

It's just 1 1/2 cups mayo, 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard and 1/2 cup honey.
Mix it together and you can store in the refrigerator until your mayo expires.
We use it with our chicken tenders, on our salads, whatever sounds good.

Here is the recipe for the Hash Brown Bake once again if you didn't get it at the top and you're too tired to scroll back to the top.
(not judging....just trying to help you out)

So what's up with you guys?  I missed my Tuesday Tumblings last week and only got one post up.  We left pretty early Thursday morning and I had mucho things to get done.  So hopefully we will begin to get back to normal around here and we'll be posting a bit more regularly now.
Tell me what you've been cooking? Are you really ready for spring?  Are you sick of being teased with beautiful weather a day or two here and there only to be smacked with the cold again?

Well, I'm gonna sign off for the day and go pull the sheets and wash those and maybe get a shower.  Yeah I probably should do that.



Smiley pointing to a sign that says: “Peace”Smiley that says: “I’m in love!” (Smiley with a heart)  andcupcake emoticon photo: cupcake chew cake2.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF