Thursday, August 8, 2013

Hawaiian Roll Sandwiches

Guess What......



Yeah, it's been so stinking hot sometimes all I wonder is if it's too early to have a nice cold glass of pinot grigio or a brewski or make a milkshake with some booze in it??  That's sad people just sad.
The heat has also apparently worn away all food making decisions in this house.   The Abogg and Merebear and I went to the Tarjay yesterday afternoon and then our usual Sprouts trip.  Hubster worked late, we had no clue what anyone wanted for dinner except the Merebear suggested a Pinterest dinner.  You know everything from Pinterest and I kinda accommodated that request plus I made S'more ice cream again to help things along.   We've done these sandwiches before and I changed it up a little and this is what happened.  Before I forget here's the linky to the printable and don't worry I'll give it to you again at the end.


You need these things:
1 lb. of good ham   (don't be chintzy buy something good)
1/2 - 1 lb. of swiss cheese
1/2 cup of butter, melted
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. onion powder



Cut the pack of rolls separating the tops from bottoms.
Place the bottoms in a baking dish, layer on the ham then the cheese the plop the tops back on.

Combine the melted butter, worcestershire sauce, mustard, brown sugar and onion powder and pour over the top of the rolls.


No worries, it'll make big puddles at the bottom of the dish.



Just let them marinate for awhile.  Up to 4 hours but I think mine only did like 30 minutes.
We were hungry after all.



In the middle of trying to get dinner together have Hubster yell and go back to your bathroom to find this lovely mess.



Any guesses to who the guilty party would be?
(seriously dude...that's Charmin Ultra and it's not cheap!!!)



Once you are ready to eat pop that dish into a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.



Let them get nice and golden brown and the cheese all melted and good like it should be.



Just slap the whole pan on the table and a nice knife and spatula.  


Abogg grilled us up some corn that the Sprouts had on sale.  




There you have it! Quick easy and tasty even if we did have to turn the oven on for a little bit.


Can't go wrong sometimes with a good sandwich.
Matter of fact I just heated a couple up for my lunch.
As promised here's the printable link again.

So, is it hot where you are?  What are you doing for dinner?
Oddly enough we are chicken, burger, grilled anything, big salads burned out big time here.
Gimme some ideas..please?!

Peace, Love & Stay Cool!

3 comments:

  1. I've been making sandwiches quite a bit, too. I get whatever sandwich rolls grab my attention and layer on Starne's BBQ, sliced ham, cheese (swiss or provolone), dill pickle slices, and mustard or mayo and then put it in the sandwich press. It's inspired by a Cuban sandwich I had in Tampa, but since it's hardly traditional I call it a Barbecuban. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok first of all what I wouldn't give for some Starnes BBQ and second of all....Barbecuban!!! That is absolutely hysterical and I LOVE it!!! However you've given me an idea, I don't have a sandwich press but I can make do with two iron skillets. You've just taken our sandwich eating to a new level!!! Sandwich blessings to you!!!!!

      Delete
    2. The local Walmarts and Krogers have 1 lb packages of Starne's bbq in their delis now. It's so convenient to not have to make a special trip to get it. I hope you guys like the barbecubans :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF