Sunday, September 15, 2013

Thai Eye Opener Smoothie

Morning Peeps!!!


Just saying hi this lovely Sunday morning with an especially yummy morning smoothie.

I still don't have much of an appetite but I wanted something cold and frosty for breakfast today and since football isn't on yet I can't really start drinking beer.
Can I??

I flipped through my Vitamix blender cookbook and found this little gem and thought I would whip it up.  So glad I did because it was indeed yummy!!!   Of course it's tweaked a bit but I know you are not surprised.


Let's make a nice little morning smoothie for you, quick and easy peasy peeps and good for you to boot.







1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
1/4 cup fresh pineapple chunks
4 ounces carrots, halved
1 medium apple, quartered and seeded (7.5 oz.)
sm nub of ginger root
1 cup ice cubes


I invested a whopping $9.99 in that little food scale up there.  Mostly because when Abogg was home he was quite appalled that we don't weigh out our food (whatever!) but when we got the Vitamix it kinda was nice to be able to weigh things out a bit.  Like in this case it called for 2 small carrots or 4 ounces.  I only had baby carrots so I needed to use the scale to get the proportion correct. Anywho if you happen to be in the ole Cost of Co and they still have them for $9.99 I might suggest you pick one up.  Comes in handier than you might think.  And if Abogg comes to visit you he will think you are awesome sauce. 





Just layer everything in the Vitamix in the order listed.
Set the machine to SMOOTHIES setting and hit START.
Allow the machine to complete its programmed cycle.




Pour and enjoy!


Then hurry up and get a little swiffer vacuuming done before your Hubster gets home and catches you doing housework.  :-)


Have a good Sunday peeps and get ready for some football!!!

Peace, Love & Smoothies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF