Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bomb diggity bomb bomb Banana Pudding

Hey peeps!!!
I have so many things to be telling you but my schedule is just out of sorts this week.  I wanted to post some of my weekend yummies yesterday but we had a clothing emergency in Waco!!  Seems the Abogg has gotten himself invited to a semi-formal sorority event on Friday night and well...he has nothing but jeans, tshirts and shorts at school.  Soooo, off to the Waco I go.  We find a crazy nice gentleman in the men's suit department of the Dillards and he proceeds to fancy up the Abogg.  The best part....he completely understood when I told him these clothes were probably a short term investment. :-)   We're pretty sure the Abogg is not quite finished growing!!  The nice man even taught Abogg how to tie a tie, steamed his shirt for Friday night and gave him his card with his number on it in case Friday night rolls around and he has a last minute clothing emergency.  You know...it's why I pay a little more but the service at Dillards is worth it!

OK...onto food!!! So Saturday the hubster had his company strategic planning meeting at our house.  They started bright and early Saturday morning and finished up around 6pm that night.  Then it was time to cut loose and have some fun.  I had a vegetarian to deal with (never happened to me before for a dinner party) so I decided on a pasta bar.  I made the meat sauce on Thursday...'cuz you know it's better when it sits around in the fridge for a few days!  I also grabbed a really nice jar of marinara at the ole' Central Market and heated it up.  I also made for the very first time EVER.....Fettuccine Alfredo!!!!  Oh man... I don't even like that stuff and it was good!!!  My new vegetarian friend...well, if he could of he would have licked his plate.  Thanks Pioneer Woman..you saved me!!  What's that you say....pictures?? of the Fettuccine Alfredo???  ummm...well you'll just have to take my word for it because I was probably on about glass number 3 or 4 of wine by the time that came around.  Never fear....Sweet Gloria was backing me up and making sure I followed the directions!!!

One dessert I made was Banana Pudding and that's what you're getting today!!!

Cast of characters:
1 can eagle brand milk
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
3 cups milk, I use whole milk
Lg. box vanilla instant pudding
Container of cool whip
1 box vanilla wafers
3 or 4 bananas, sliced




In bowl, whip cream cheese and eagle brand together. Mix until smooth.
Add the milk and pudding mix, stir until combined well.  Add cool whip and beat.



Place vanilla wafers in bottom of your bowl.  


Next add a layer of bananas




Then add a layer of pudding mixture: keep repeating

until the bowl is full and end with some wafers on top to make it "purty"


stand back..admire, take pictures and forget to move the milk jug


take from another angle and forget to move the measuring cup



ahhh..heck just put it on a dish and eat it up!
well, actually you need to chill it in the fridge for a bit before you eat it up but you get the idea!

It's good..make some and if the Abogg is coming....make him a special bowl that you leave the bananas out.  Call it...banana less banana pudding :-)

Peace, Love and Yummies!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF