Friday, April 1, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup Casserole

TGIF peeps...Happy Dancing Day!!!

Before I start with today's yummy meal I have to share with you a treat I found at Costco.

These came in three flavors: Spicy Garlic , Cilantro chicken and veggie chicken.  You bought 3 bags for 10.99.  Turns out to be a great deal as we only used 1 bag and it was plenty for us for dinner.















First up, we just warmed them up in the electric skillet per package directions, then we mixed up the dipping sauce on the back of the package too.  We cooked ours longer but we like 'em kinda "done".


Next up hubster whipped up some ramen noodles and tossed in the won tons.  I'm not a ramen noodle girl but I gotta say, this soup was great!  Basically dinner for under $5 for the two of us.  Good deal Lucille!!!     Bad part....who knows when I'll find these won tons again at Costco : /


I told you I had a scrumptious treat for you today and as hubster likes to say "this one stays in the rotation"!

I'm gonna give you the instructions and then at the end I'll tell you what I'll do different next time, 'cuz there's always a little tweaking going on in my world!!!




You're gonna need all this stuff



Get a nice pot of water boiling on the stove and toss in some salt and drizzle some olive oil over top


Throw in the chicken and let the chicken boil for about 20 minutes.  Unless you use tenders like me and it only took about 15 minutes for them to get done. 

Bring water to boil and cook those noodles according to package directions



I used fine egg noodles and they do NOT need to cook more than 4 minutes. Believe the package instructions!!  




Now toss the celery, onions, carrots and garlic in the pan of butter and saute until onions are translucent


You know kinda like those up there


While the veggies are cooking away, cut the chicken up into 1/2" pieces...or bite size


Now those veggies are ready it's time to add the cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup and the sour cream... mix it all together really good


Add the parsley, salt and pepper



Toss in those chicken pieces





Add the noodles and stir it all up really good


dump it all in a large 9x13 baking dish 
spray with cooking spray first...you'll thank me later for reminding you
and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.





Take out of the oven and crush up a whole sleeve of Ritz crackers....yeah, the whole sleeve baybeee!


Because I was feeling frisky (and starving) I decided to add some butter pats on the top as well
Toss back in the oven for about 5-10 more minutes



dinner is served!!!!
BTW... to Sweet Gloria, I'm not a Chardonnay fan but whatever kind you brought over the last time is certainly some good stuff!!!    I have to remember the bottle  :-)


And yes, this tasted like chicken noodle soup with Ritz crackers and folks...there aint' nothin' wrong with that!!!  

Here is the link to the printable

Now...what I'd do different.  I will not add the entire bag of cooked noodles the next time.  I thought it made the casserole to "dry" but hubster disagreed UNTIL he had leftovers.   I also think the next time I will melt the butter and mix with the Ritz crackers (kind of like making a pie crust)  before sprinkling over the top.   Just my thoughts.... but you make it and tell me what you think OR if you happen to know where I found this amazing recipe because I'd like to acknowledge the creator!!!  

I cooked again last night and I have a new goodie cooking in the crock pot that I modified from none other than Miss Ree over at The Pioneer Woman so make sure to keep checking back and see how this new treat turns out!



 Peace, Love & Friday Yummies!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF