Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter bunny bait snack

well...I promised I'd be back today with the Bunny Bait recipe.  Now while we don't have little ones around here we still enjoy the seasonal goodies, some days a little too much! I made bunny bait and I can see that bunny bait may become, cupids candy, leprechaun gold, Yankee Doodle's dandy.....etc.  you catch my drift, I'll be making this again!  Super Simple and yummo


This is what you need....AND if you remember to go to the store before 11 pm the night before the holiday you will find the appropriately colored holiday m&m's.    I did not so we improvised!



First pop two bags of the microwave popcorn.  I like this particular brand but get whatever your family enjoys or whatever you have on hand.  Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Microwavable Popcorn, Tender White, 6-Count Boxes (Pack of 6)

Put the popcorn aside in a large bowl and melt the candy melts in the microwave.  I used pink because I thought I could find the Easter candies but oh well...... it still tastes good but just make sure you get the vanilla candy melts.



Once the candy melts are melted (follow package directions) then just mix that all in that big bowl of popcorn.  You can be all dainty and use a spoon or spatula but honestly...the hands are the best tools!


Now mix in the M&M candies  (I just happen to have used the mini's this time, next time I'll use regular and you know....I'm thinking I may try the peanut too!)


and just for fun I threw in some sprinkles....because hey, life is better with sprinkles!



now spread it out and let it dry a bit



put in a bowl and serve....then run from the room so you don't eat the whole bowl!! 
You can also package this up in individual treat bags for the kiddos at school or church or daycare.
OR you can do like I've been doing for days and BEG your husband to take it to work to get it out of the house.  It's seriously addicting!  BTW...it's still on the counter calling my name.

Tomorrow....we start the Easter meal!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF