Friday, August 27, 2010

Football, Friday and Italian Beef

Hey Peeps... I'm pooped!!!   I've been a busy girl this morning, let's see....
1)mowed and trimmed the yard  (attempted to kill baby snake...sorry animal lovers, it was a snake!)
2)vacuumed, armor-alled, washed the car
3) vacuumed and mopped all hardwood floors (thanks to the dog)
4) showered and dressed in my normal around the house attire of soffe shorts and a tshirt
 5) updating my blog (which is resulting in the realization that I have not eaten and I'm VERY hungry)

and once I am through with the blog I think it's off to have a little fun....maybe Hobby Lobby  :0) shhhh don't tell the hubby!!!

whew...... well, I made Italian Beef yesterday in the to-go form because of this..

That's the Mere in the middle, she's the youngest and JV football started at her school last night.  So I packed up the sammies and off I went to meet the hubby.   I even remembered the bleacher seats, the sandwiches and the camera.  Boy....I was having a good day I should have bought a lottery ticket!!

Anyway, Thursday nights will often be meals on the go for the next several weeks this is an effort to curb my hubby's enthusiasm for concession stand goodies.  Really...you have no idea how much he loves concession stand food at ballgames.   It's an obsession of his and a glorious day when he eats "the circuit". Which means he has one of everything...you know, popcorn, hot dogs, nachos, candy.  I told you....he's obsessed!

Let's move on to the Italian Beef shall we:

Cast of characters:

I'm not gonna lie to ya....these are a tad different than before and I think MUCH improved.
2 Tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
1 Tbsp salt *I know, it seems like a lot and I skimp a little
1 Tbsp pepper
1 Tbsp mustard seed
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 jar of banana peppers or pepperocini peppers

and of course, one beautiful roast


Take this little baby and put in the crock pot and add in all the other stuff like so:


sorry about picture quality...I have been using a different camera and I don't think the lighting is adjusted properly.

Turn that crock pot on low and run and do whatever it is you need to do for about 8 hours.... I promise goodness and joy will greet your return later in the day.  And if its 9 hours before you return...don't worry it'll still love you and reward you with a moist tender dinner.

I like to take two big forks and shred this stuff up while it's still in the crock pot

It doesn't take any effort at all the stuff just falls apart it is so tender and moist

Now take that goodness and plop it on some nice hoagie buns... If you are home you can toast them up but you don't have to.  Since I was packing to go I just wrapped them up in some foil and off to the game.



I love my crock pot and use it so much in the winter... I wonder why I forget to use it in the summer??   Grab a roast and the rest of the ingredients and put your crockpot to work today!!! 


Peace, Love and Yummies




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF