Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Crispy Kale chips...what's the fuss about??

Hi dee ho peeps!!! Well I'm writing to you from the beach and I'm kinda lazy and forgetting to blog.  Yeah who can blame me when the view of my patio is the white sands and emerald water of the Gulf of Mexico!!  Before I left the storm ridden state of Texas I decided to try out some big craze called Crispy Kale Chips.  Let 's clear something up...As a general rule I do not like turnip greens, cabbage, turnips, Brussels sprouts, etc.  But all I heard is "oh Kale chips are as good as potato chips" and "they are so addicting and yummy and good for one".  Soooo I tried them.  Are they are as good as potato chips...heck no!!!  Are they yummy?? Heck yes!  Are they addicting?? Heck yes!

Let's make some:


First you need some Kale....just wash it off and DRY IT REALLY REALLY REALLY good.
got it...it needs to be dry, otherwise you will get soggy and that's not good
oh, buy two bunches of Kale...just go with me on this one
and cut off the stems



lay down a piece of parchment paper on the baking sheet



spread the kale out 


drizzle on some olive oil...lightly drizzle it on and then toss the kale around in the oil



spread the lightly coated kale back out on the pan
and bake in the oven on 350 degrees for 12-20 minutes
Your baking time will depend on the amount of olive oil you use
Bake until crispy....then toss with some sea salt



how good were they?  well.... I got no after pic of them, nothing left but an empty plate
That's a snack I feel good about.
Oh, and since we are "spicy" around our house...the second batch I coated with this deliciousness
Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning 8 oz

It was EVEN YUMMIER!!!

Try some...make your family smile...and healthy!!


Now for today's edition of most ludicrous statement



SERIOUSLY????? Don't eat the dough raw????   
OK Pillsbury.....sure thing we won't eat that dough raw.  NOT!!!!
and yes.... I totally forgot we had bunny cookies at Easter and we just ate them....cooked and raw!!


Peace, Love & BEACH yummies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF