Thursday, May 12, 2011

pork chops.....and applesauce

Name that TV show......

oh come on you youngsters...watch the video

Yeah, I dare you to make pork chops from now on and not add the applesauce part :0)
It was actually baked pork chops and veggies but that's not near as much fun to say!

sooo, it's 6:15 am...that is AM PEOPLE and I've been awake since about 4 finally gave up the battle a little before 5 and just got out of bed.  Just browsing around the Internets and trying to get sleepy again so far not working.  I have company arriving tonight and I have so much to do for this weekend and now...I'm gonna be soooo sleepy this afternoon. Don't you just hate that??!!

I'm up so let's make some dinner!

First things first let's get a little oil in the bottom of a big skillet and brown the pork chops.
We aren't cooking through, we are just browning on each side to give it some color.



While the pork chops are browning, mix up your rice and veggies in a big oven safe dish
I have an entire small container of Texmati Rice, some baby carrots, a zucchini, diced green pepper, a few celery sticks and about 1/2 of a small onion diced up.   I say mix it up, try the veggies you have on hand, try different rices, experiment a little and have a little fun!



This is about 3 cups of chicken broth, 1 heaping teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/2 tsp salt
just pop that in the old microwave and heat until boiling.




Once those pork chops have browned just lay them over the top over your rice and vegetables




Now pour that boiling broth over the top of the pork chops


cover it all nice and tight with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 70 minutes



take that smokin' hot dish out of the oven and serve it all up





If you are being nice, you remembered to let those frozen rolls thaw out and rise so those are all baked up and serve on the side with....some applesauce. You know you have to!!!


This is the link to my previous post with this recipe, I've just shown you the changes I made to suit our family a little better.  And yeah...hubster still thinks we need boneless pork chops and I believe, this was our last bag of bone in pork chops in the freezer so next time... I'm happy to oblige.



We had some dinger storms yesterday and last night I looked at hubster and said, it's a weird color outside.  He got up and took some pictures....really cool but kind of eerie at the same time don't you think?



Ok peeps, the hubsters awake and showering so it looks like I'm up for the day!  wish me luck and if you see me at the old Central Market later and I've fallen asleep in the produce section, well, just give me a nudge and point me towards the bakery.. I'm sure there is something sweet and sugary enough over there to wake me up!

  Peace, Love & Yummies!!

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF