Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bacon Baked Potatoes

Well Happy Turdsday folks!!
It's already a scorcher...90 degrees at 10:00 a.m.!!  Craziness I tell ya just pure craziness!

I should be cutting my coupons and getting ready for a grocery trip but I'm not.  Let's see yesterday was dusting day; it didn't get done.  Today is vacuuming day...it probably won't get done unless I can con the Merebear into doing it for me.  :0)  I'm falling apart I tell ya. and please don't tell FlyLady...she'd be ever so disappointed in me.   However, I did do 2 zone chores this week!!!  go me!!!  By the way...the breakfast bar is still trashed AND people came over last night.  LL and Frankie stopped by to see the new patio progress (yeah yeah, I'll have pictures soon) and I was only slightly mortified.  The biggest issue was the smell in the house because I made kale chips yesterday and while they are yummy and all they do smell!

We grilled burgers and dogs served with Kraft Velveeta Shells & Cheese and Bush's Best Grillin' Baked Beans Southern Pit Barbecue and I made a Raspberry Lemonade pie (I'll share that with you on another day...it's the perfect HOT summertime pie). The Merebears boyfriend the Culster came over and they swam a bit and he stayed for dinner.

Since dinner was plain I went digging back in the photos for something I cooked and photographed (believe me getting the two together is difficult sometimes) and I found these potatoes that I never really shared all the details for and believe me they are sooooo worth making but not if you are on a diet or have cholesterol problems unless you can get someone to share one with you but that's kind of doubtful because no one in my house shares anything with bacon!

no dinner would be complete if I didn't spill something all over me. I believe this was balsamic vinegar from the salad dressing I was making.  all over me, all over the floor.  Yeah, June Cleaver I'm not!



First up wash and scrub those potatoes then you are going to take the skin off about 3/4 of the potato.  Heart breaking I know but it's worth it in the end!!
Next up you are going to make slits in the potato but not all the way through and stuff a piece of bacon down in each slit.  I laid my bacon our and sliced it into thirds and then a piece fit perfectly in the potato



Keep slicing and stuffing until those taters look like this



Then you are going to pick them up carefully and smear the whole skin side with just a tiny bit of olive oil and sprinkle with a coarse salt
put them back in a pan that is deep enough to catch the drippings  (don't burn the kitchen down here folks this is bacon!!)
Pop those babies in the oven and cook on 350 degrees for about an hour to an hour and a half depending on the potato size.



Slip those babies out onto a plate and eat them up!!
Next time...I'm def. adding some cheese on top during that last few minutes of baking!!!
Oh yeah baybay!!!!!

That's all for today folks...I seriously have to get some work done but most importantly I need to make some tea. I'm out and that my friends is a crisis of epic proportions!!!!!

Peace, Love and Yummies


1 comment:

  1. well...I DID get my vacuuming and my dusting done. Mere cut out a ton of coupons for me that I had piled up, I know what we are having for dinner and I tossed a few papers from the "hotspot" by the calendar. So Mere and I are going to the pool! A well deserved break we think!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF