Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chocolate? Avocado? Both??

Hi dee ho peeps!!!

It's Wednesday and I'm supposed to craft with LauraLoo on Wednesday but she has left me alone today with a glue gun and a bazillion book page cut outs.  I'm afraid I may never heal from the glue gun burns!!   Apparently my inner craftiness needs her for moral support. So if there are weird words in this post just know that it's because I can't feel the keys on my fingertips!!

Ok....so yesterday I was in some kind of baking mood. I made muffins (this weeks Pinteresting Post) and I roasted chickpeas (I have a slight obsession with them right now) and this Pudding!!  Can you actually call it pudding? I'm not sure but you be the judge!!




For this you'll need:
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

Just peel and pit that avocado and give it a quick run in the blender/food processor.
Add the rest of the ingredients and whir until smooth.
Make sure it's good and smooth too.  I accidentally bit into a larger chunk of avocado once and while the taste was fine it kinda creeped me out a bit.



Then you get this to enjoy. 
Make it when your home alone...no sharing.
I will NEVER throw out a slightly over ripe avocado again!!!

Great googly mc woogly this was awesomely insanely delicious.
Just what my cramping self needed. 
Sorry for the TMI but it's been bad peeps....real bad!!




What will I do different next time: 
Maybe a smidge less cocoa powder.
The chocolate was a bit bitter for my liking.  I'd say adjust this according to your taste.
It would probably be "Barefoot Contessa" ish of me to say but I'm thinking this is one of those times where if you have the really really nice expensive cocoa that you bring it out for this special treat.

Maybe a splash more of vanilla too but then again in my world that's never a bad thing!

Depending on the type of milk you use this could be gluten free and vegan.
Bless their souls I will NEVER understand the choice of being vegan.  I'm from Kentucky & live in Texas so slap the steak on the fire and grill it up and while your at it make me something with cheese and bacon too!!  YeeHaw and God Bless the USA!!

seriously...try this, I promise you won't be sorry!!
Should we call this Chovocado Pudding??



Peace, Love & odd Yummies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF