Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blueberry pancakes and some V-day crafts

Well...I think it's never going to unthaw around here!! Geez I'm going stark raving nutty in this house!!!  Also lazy.. I haven't done squat today, walked to the mailbox almost busted my keester but that pretty much sums it up.  And now...wait for it....it may SNOW tonight. uggghhhhhh

So yesterday in my glory of not being bored outta my flippin dippin mind I made some blueberry pancakes.  Yeah...I can't even cook anymore I'm out of so much stuff but I did have the items for a yummy brunch treat.

Cast of characters:

Yeah, I made a mess  :0)

I halved this recipe by the way
3 cups plus 2 Tbsp Cake Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 Tbsp baking powder
2 Tbsp sugar
2 cups milk
2 large eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
extra butter for pan, syrup and blueberries

Mix together your dry ingredients in a bowl
Mix milk, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl
Slowly add the wet to the dry and stir S L O W L Y and gently to combine
Add the melted butter to the mix and combine only.  Batter will be lumpy and that's a good thing
Cook on a buttered skillet on med-low heat


I use my electric skillet as the temp is easier to maintain.
Just put the batter in the skillet then add the blueberries


Let cook until bubbles form and pop on the surface, then flip


Then slather up with butter and syrup and enjoy!!
These were really good and I think I've definitely found a pancake recipe to keep!  Next time I think I will mix it up a little and use buttermilk??  So what kind of cool things do you like to do to your pancakes??

Now, I've been working on some Valentines Day crafts and this is what we have

You can download this cute little v-day printable right over here.  It's a pretty cute little happy addition to the breakfast bar.

And this is my mantle with the one craft I've been working on off and on for a couple of weeks.  I had a few glue mishaps which caused a great delay in getting this one finished but I LUV it now!

Here's a little close up of the L O V E sign





The dish is my vintage valentine looking plate I decoupaged.  I thought it was especially cute and way way cheaper than the PB dish I so loved.




Now here is Nanook of the North...

Yes my crazy hubster was wearing his hat in the house.... he had walked the dog in the frozen tundra and still hadn't warmed back up so he was sporting his hat for awhile!!   

So I'm not unfair to the hubster posting his crazy trying to stay warm ensembles I give you mine for today

Watch out Fashion Week!!!   Seriously I'm sooo embarrassed by this but I may go to wallyworld later in it anyway. Yep folks those are leggings (thick cotton=warm) a bright purple long sleeve tshirt, the trusty white sweatshirt AND Ugg boots!!  I know I know you are sooooooo incredibly jealous that you can't sport an outfit like this!!  hee hee   And make sure that you just blow dry your hair, pull it back off your face (because it's too icy to get out and get a haircut) and no make up.  These are important tips to capture this look effectively!!      I swear...I gotta get out of this house this week soon. No really I do...tomorrow the Abogg is coming home for our birthday weekend and he wants an ice cream cake so I need to go pick it up and I need to shop for the Super Bowl festivities on Sunday and I'm sure he'd probably like some sort of birthday present too.  I hate winter...feel free to remind me of how bad I hated this weather in August when it's been 100+ degrees for upteen days in a row and a final thank you to Mexico!!!    Seriously, thank you Mexico for transmitting electricity to your Texas neighbors so we don't freeze to death this girl does appreciate it!!!

Peace, Love and warm yummies!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF