Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Little Fruit Cobblers....and the auction

Hi Deeee Hooooooo!!!  It's TuTu Tuesday!!  I hope you all had a lovey dovey Valentines Day yesterday and I will celebrate later by removing my Vday decorations and then begin my pondering of the next holiday.  I believe I will dig out some Mardi Gras decorations before putting out any St. Paddy's day.  Life is just a party isn't it?!

So Saturday night brought about another trip to the auction and once again Monday brought about me rearranging the furniture in the house.  :0)  oh my aching back...we seriously have to buy lighter pieces at the auction!   Here is our new cutie
I am always finding these cute little "banners" to make on the craft sites but never really felt like I had a spot for them...well NOW I do!!  Every new opportunity is a new craft opportunity.

Now Sunday we decided to share a nice pre Valentines steak dinner with our friends.

That's a nice porterhouse steak, baked potato, french bread, some grilled asparagus and a gogo salad.  The hubster marinated those steaks all day and he and Frankie grilled them up along with the asparagus. LL made the taters and bread. I whipped up that salad from my cooking class and you can't see them but the spiced pecans in that salad are toooooo die forrrrrr!!!!     I also whipped up a little dessert and that's what I've been promising you so let's make the chocolate sauce first.

Chocolate Sauce cast of characters

  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup whipping cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
In a small saucepan over low heat, heat chocolate chips and whipping cream, stirring constantly. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and sauce is smooth. Stir in vanilla.


Then you need to pour that chocolate sauce into a mustard squirty bottle.  heehee  It's the only one I had and we were transporting over to LL's house.  

Now we need to make the individual cobblers.



I had frozen raspberries and frozen blueberries, so I unthawed those and let them drain a bit.
You will also need:
2 cups self rising flour                                     2 cups sugar
2 sticks butter, melted                                      2 cups milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine the flour and sugar




Once you have those combined you are going to slowly pour in the milk and mix to combine
Now we are going to pour in that melted butter.  YES both sticks!!!  You are worth it...go ahead!!!!!!
Now just mix to combine and then add the vanilla to the mix.  
Spray your muffin pans really good with a non stick cooking spray and then dump about a quarter cup of batter into each tin

Now take that fruit and just plump it on top of the batter...don't push it in, it'll sink on its own


now you just take about 1/4 tsp of sugar and sprinkle over the top of each little goodie

Pop those in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees
Take them out of the oven and then plop them on the plate and show them some major lovin' with some of that chocolate sauce and also a big ole' scoop of blue bell homemade vanilla ice cream


There you have it.....truly yummmo.  What would I do different next time?  More fruit! I thought I could have been more generous with the fruit so next time I'll add lots more fruit.  We had some batter left over and I had just popped it into the fridge so last night after the hubby and I got home from a quick Valentine date I made up two more.  It tasted just the same so from my point of view there is no reason you can't mix this batter up the day before or even stretch out the leftover batter for fresh little cobbies all week.  

It's absolutely gorgeous outside so I'm off to get a little housework done (company coming this weekend) and then it's outside to get a little yard work done!!! woooohooooo I love spring days in February!!!

Peace, Love and Yummies!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF