Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blackened Cajun Chicken

well hello there peeps!!  I don't know what happened yesterday but for some reason I got nothing accomplished that I wanted to.  I even had to RUN at the GYM!!!  Oh my.... I'm sure scores of folks found it uplifting to see a goober like me attempting to run! I prefer to do this in the privacy of my own home but alas, I committed to the program for Lent sooooooooo, I ran at the gym. At least I didn't fall off the treadmill.    My hubster gave up eating out for lunch at work.  It may be harder on his bud Mark than anyone else.  I may have to start making two plates of leftovers for work, one for Mark and one for hubster.

We had us a nice little feast on Fat Tuesday and I even decorated a little
What??? you don't decorate for three people eating dinner? pfffttt.....you should!!  You and your family are special too!!!
I had a recipe that I was following and while I liked the ingredients and decided to make it based on that...after I started to cook I completely changed it around.  That's just how I roll.

First get this out along with some chicken breasts

Mix 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and I threw in about 1/2 teaspoon of blackening seasoning too!   mix that up and use as a dry rub on the chicken then toss on the grill.
Now just leave that chicken to your nice college kid home for spring break.  That Abogg is becoming quite the grillmaster too!!!   At least he's learning something useful at college.  :0)

Now go inside and mix together 1 can of black beans, a heaping cup or so of frozen corn and 1 cup of salsa

Just warm that up

8OZ VIGO JAMBALAYA
We also had some of this rice cookin' up on the stove

Time to eat!
 it was yum!

And it wouldn't be Fat Tuesday without one of these

I got my lovely little King Cake at Central Market.  It cracks me up that they can't bury the baby Jesus in the cake for fear of someone eating him and choking and suing them.  Crazy!!!   Now it just looks like the baby Jesus is about to drown in a sea of purple sprinkles.  Poor little "8 pound 6 oz baby Jesus" (name that movie)
 So hubster and I each had a piece then I made him take it to work with him on Wednesday. Sharing the love and saving my backside.  heee heee   It was pretty tasty, just a few too many sprinkles on top.

In other news, I was selected to Host a DiGiorno pizza & Hoops House Party
Got my party pack in the mail and man o man..... got some fun stuff!!!   The party is on the 19th so if you live near me, drop me note and I'll give you specifics and you can drop by and watch some March Madness and play some indoor hoops and have some pizza and snacks!  

Gotta run and make today much more productive!!!

Peace, Love and Yummies !!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF