Friday, March 4, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower

Are you Happy Dancing???  It's time you know!

Before we start cooking I must show you this.....

This is VERY close quarters for Lilli (the cat).  Lilli had perched herself in the chair in the sun as she usually does this time of day and I suppose Kiss (the dog) decided she'd go in there and keep her company.  I'm not expecting to see them frolicking in the meadows together anytime soon.  Probably because 1) we don't have any meadows 2) Lilli is an indoor cat only 3) I know the fraidy-catness of my Lilli.  She is seriously afraid of everything!!   This will probably pass as a one time event so I captured the moment while I could.  One can hope...right???

Okie dokie so for too many reasons to list or remember I haven't been to my beloved Sprout's in weeks.  I know..craziness!!!  I finally went on Wednesday and this is what my kitchen looked like

It took awhile to get that all prepped and labeled and food savered and what not but the cauliflower was in there and thus we begin


you need cauliflower, all chopped in to bite size pieces
1 bag of ranch dressing mix
olive oil

Just take that olive oil and drizzle the cauliflower to coat it lightly. Mix well then sprinkle the package of dressing on it and toss to coat evenly


spread it out on a baking sheet and pop in the oven on 350 degrees and bake for about 45 minutes


serve it up...yeah yeah I know we had a very white dinner! 
Now I ate it and actually kind of enjoyed it AFTER I put the cauliflower back in the oven for a little longer.  The picture is cooked only about 30 mins and it needed the other 15...IMHO.
I'm not a big fan of cooked cauliflower but you know, I think I can eat it this way.  I'm wondering what other kinds of special package dressings I can find to mix it up.

You will be pleased to know that the leftover chicken went to a good and more colorful use the next evening



ok my peeps it's time to get your weekend on!!!

Peace, Love and Yummies!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF