Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy Friday!! it's cake today!

Okay, it really is cake....and yes it has prunes but tell everyone it's spice cake.  :0)  Hey, worked for me...for a little while anyway.

It's really not bad and prunes are dried plums and those are good for you soooooo....it's the new thing in cake!!!

See how pretty!!!  I did that on purpose.....  please try to avoid prolonged staring at the cake. Yes, we had a slight mishap coming out of the pan but the powdered sugar covers up most of the damage.

Here's what you need:
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup wesson oil
1 tsp each: nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon
1 cup chopped prunes
2 cups AP flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda



Mix eggs, sugar and oil and beat well.  Add milk and baking soda and mix well.



Add spices and flour slowly then what that is mixed add the prunes.

I should have chopped mine smaller... I might have kept my secret longer  :0)
Pour into loaf pan (or be a rebel like me and use a bundt pan) and bake at 350 for 45 mins or until pick comes out clean.

Now, let it cool and ask it very nicely to come out of the pan.  Apparently I didn't ask nicely......

Ta Da!!!  
Now you are on the cutting edge of nutrition...haven't you heard DRIED PLUMS are cool again!
Peace, love and yummies people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF