Thursday, March 25, 2010

Italian Beef and Fruit n Cake

Italian Beef...not sure why I call it that, it's not really Italian but waaaayyyy more fun to say if you have seen Inglorious Bastards and say it the way Brad Pitt does in the movie!!  I tail yon   hahaha  

Moving on.....

This is sooooo easy, you dump it all in the crock pot and then drool on yourself waiting to eat it!  Seriously it's that yummy and easy!

Here we go:
Italian Beef in the Crock Pot
Roast ( I think mine was a sirloin tip roast but whatever you prefer works) and I throw mine in the crock pot completely frozen
1 Tbsp salt  (yes it's alot but you can slack off a bit but not too much)
1 Tbsp pepper
1 Tbsp mustard seed
1 Tbsp italian seasoning
2 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
some perpperocini peppers
1/2 cup beef broth or water

Put the roast in the crock pot (yes frozen or not) then dump everything else in.

see.....now put the lid on that baby and put the power on low and let it do it's thing (at least 7-8 hrs pls)
When you are ready to eat it will literally shred to pieces and you make yourself a sandwhich like this and happiness will abound!

As a general rule we don't eat lettuce on our sandwhich but you can. My hubby just thought the picture looked nicer with lettuce  :0)   I'm also adding the pic without the lettuce because I think you can see how the beef shreds up a bit more.  The potatoes were the Alexia brand- Parmesan, garlic something and they were really yummy.  You can have anything you like with your sandwiches, sometimes we just have chips!

Now...time for dessert!!!
So I went to Sprout's yesterday (it was double ad Wednesday you know!)
and they had blackberries for 88 cents and strawberries for 1.47  BINGO
So I took them home and cut them up and poured some Triple Sec and sugar over them so they looked like this........

then I put them in the fridge to macerate....I love that word, it sounds weird....but anyway they hung out in the fridge till we were ready which was technically halfway through Survivor last night then we fixed em up and had this for dessert while the Heroes were sending James home....;0(

Just Angel food cake (store bought at Sprout's) with some berries and a bit of whipped cream from the can, cuz it's fun!

Peace, Love and Yummies !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF