Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Grilled Chicken Sandwiches and Where on Earth have you been?

Morning Morning Morning!

I hope this hump day finds you well!   I know you are wondering what on earth happened to me?  Well, I took a quick little trip down to Florida to see my mom and check out a couple of business ventures.  :0)  I'm back now and cooking again and will soon have a full house again.  The oldest girl gets home today from college so the house will be bustling for the next few months!!  Don't worry... I'll still be cooking and we'll still be blogging!! 


Onto dinner.....since yesterday was my first day home I didn't want to run to the store (yeah BIG surprise) and I foraged around to come up with this simple but yet yummy dinner.

First up:   Round up extraneous potatoes

I have two sweet potatoes that I peeled really well and then 3 regular potatoes that I haphazardly peeled.  Do what you like, I just hate scraping all that vitamin infused skin away!

Now I chopped them up and poured them in a big bowl and doused them really good with olive oil.  After that they went on a cookie sheet and got the normal salt, pepper and thyme treatment.
Now these little jewels are ready for the oven at 375 degrees and they take about 30-40 minutes to cook. Depends on how crispy you like your taters...we like ours crispy!!

Now, lets grab the chicken and swirl around in my imagination to come up with a marinade flavor.....


Well, this is what I came up with....  I put my chicken tenders in the dish and squeezed a big juicy lemon all over the chicken.  Then I sprinkled with some Tony Cachere's creole seasoning mix and then for fear of too much spicy I drizzled honey all over the chicken.  I popped this in the fridge until time to grill
In the meantime I bring you the FIRST tomoatoes!!!
Yes, they were as yummy as they look.....pooh pooh on those store bought tomatoes.  I hope we produce large bounties of these babies! 
Now it's time to heat that grill up and get that chicken going.  I grilled mine on medium high heat for about 5 mins each side.  You have to watch and adjust, if you are using chicken breasts it will take longer than tenders.   Pluck them off as soon as they are done and this is what you get at my house, 'cuz we like ours a really done but not dry!

Now it's time for the potatoes to come out of the oven:

And it's time to plate it up folks.......


So you can see we opened some canned corn to go along with this and I have lettuce, those good tomatoes and some guacamole on my sandwich!  It was in fact, quite tasty!  I think we'll call this a keeper!!  
Peace, Love and Yummies folks.... I gotta think about dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF