Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Move home day and Mexican Chicken for dinner




well, we got Abogg moved home for the summer.  It was a long HOT day but he's home and I think we can already move about his room. He stayed up pretty late getting it straightened up so he's sleeping in today.  I figure I'll let him get a day or two of rest before I start working him like a dog!  haha

Thanks goodness dinner was cooking in the crockpot all day!!
Let's do this!

Cast of characters;

Little different than the last time, mostly because I didn't have a few things so I improvised
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 can jalapeno style ranch beans
1 can black beans
1 can chopped green chilis
1/4 cup taco seasoning
Cumin (to taste)
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (mine are frozen)

Dump that chicken in the crockpot then dump everything else on top. Set the crock pot on low and then head to Waco....oops, well maybe you can skip that part.


Come home, eat..... in our haste to eat, We were stinkin' starvin' people!!! , we forget to take photos.
sorry, but this is what the meat looked like out of the crock pot

Now if you remember from before, this is what I generally do with mine:


Alex and hubby had theirs on tortillas like a burrito.  So many options for such an easy yummy meal!

Gotta run....still lots to do today, looks like spaghetti on the menu tonight!

Peace, Love and Yummies folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF