Thursday, May 13, 2010

Spaghetti for dinner and poor Mrs. Beasley


Before we start dinner, we are going to have a LONG walk down memory lane.   When I was very little I LOVED LOVED LOVED Buffy and Jody and the gang on Family Affair. Most particularly was I fond of Mrs Beasley.  I had a Mrs. Beasley doll and I loved her tremendously but like most dads....my dad decided that I had too many toys and dolls and decided to get rid of a bunch.  Poor Mrs Beasley was in that group, sadness washed over me every time my mom and I would be at an antique shop or flea market and see Mrs Beasley.  They were always missing a piece or too expensive.  Then one blessed Christmas day I opened a gift from my mom and it was......MRS BEASLEY.  Happiness shone from my childhood and Mrs Beasley earned a primo spot in a little wooden high chair, also salvaged from my childhood.   However, my sweet son and dear hubby find Mrs Beasley creepy and they will do anything to get her away from them.  Yesterday I turn the corner upstairs and this is what I see.

Poor Mrs Beasley....she's in the Hallway!!!  I must stop and say that Mrs Beasley and the highchair and tea set are currently calling the exercise room home.    Seems the Abogg was working out and sent Mrs Beasley to the hallway!    After I finished laughing AND making fun of him, I got the camera and snapped some photos.   She is even facing the wall like she is being punished!! 
On another side note, generally there is not piles of stuff in my hallway.  Abogg just got home from college and is still unpacking. Actually all boxes and luggage have been cleared from the hallway.  I just didn't want you calling the Clean House show people on me!
While he finished, I did this:

I figured the least I could do is turn her around so she wasn't facing the wall.  tsk tsk



Dinner time!!
I made spaghetti and Rosemary Buttered Rolls.  Spaghetti is a repeat so you can go here and check it out. We'll cover the dinner rolls.
First get that iron skillet out....I told you that you needed one!!!


Now smear that baby with some olive oil and then add about 7 of these puppies to the pan


Now that you have the frozen rolls arranged in the skillet, put a clean dish towel over them and tuck them away safely out of reach of small children, large children and large brown chocolate labs.
There need to have a little rest, uninterrupted for at least 3 hours.  When it's dinner time and they are nice and fluffy brush the tops with melted butter and finely diced rosemary.


They "caves" in the rolls occurred after I put the butter on or as my sweet son said "beat up on them".  Then very LIGHTLY sprinkle some sea salt over the top of the rolls and pop them in a 400 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes until they are yummy and golden brown!

Now it's time for dinner with my two favorite guys!

Peace, Love and Yummies folks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF