Friday, May 21, 2010

Pickled Green Beans & Friday Happy Dancing!!

Hey Peeps!  It's Friday soooooo you know you gotta....... HAPPY DANCE!!


I pickled yesterday.  I think it was my first experience and the bad part, I have to wait about a month before I know how they turned out.  Don't fret... I'll be sure to post and let you all know how it went.  This is a Janie recipe so I'm feeling pretty good because I followed directions carefully.   No, really I did!

Cast of characters:



2 cups Vinegar
2 cups Water
1/4 cup salt
Fresh Green Beans
Dill Sprigs
2 cloves garlic (each jar)
1/4 tsp red pepper each jar

Wash and clean your green beans.   Then stuff them in a hot pint jar.  I ran my jars through the hot rinse in the dishwasher.
To each jar of beans add 2 cloves garlic, 1/4 tsp red pepper and a big sprig of dill.

Once the jars are ready, head over to the stove and in a saucepan bring the 2 cups water, 2 cups vinegar and 1/4 cup salt to a boil.
Once the mixture is at a rolling boil, grab a potholder and head on over to the jars and fill them to cover the beans in the jar.  Seal tightly.   Now, you need to leave the jars alone and let them hang out where they are.  in an hour or so you'll start to hear the soft pop sound of the jars sealing.  Before you put the beans away to store, make sure the lid has sealed on each jar.  (The middle area does not pop up and down, it's very tight) and then store in a cool dark place, like the pantry.  Or heck, my mom used to can and store it in the boxes the jars came in under her bed.  Whatever works for ya!

Now sit back and wait around for about a month and make yourself a big ole Bloody Mary and enjoy your hard work!



We got a busy weekend around here....Mere's late birthday bash, a baby dedication for Chuck and SuePoo's sweet granddaughter and........the LOST series finale.
P.S. you should not attempt to contact me at any point Sunday night while this is on, I will not be chatty!


Peace, Love and Yummies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF