Thursday, September 30, 2010

Baked Potatoes.....in a bag

Hey Peeps!!!  Not gonna lie, I've been cooking lazy this week.  Sometimes you just have those weeks and you just gotta roll with it.   But coming in to save the day yesterday was Sweet Gloria.  C'mon you remember Sweet Gloria

Gloria ..... I loved this wine and it's just so funny that it came from you 'cuz you are too kind and you make a kick booty salsa! (which my sweet son has almost perfected since he assisted you)

Anyway, Sweet Gloria sent this home with hubby


It looks like a cute little fold over fabric bag but in disguise, it's a potato cooker.  Let's give it a whirl

Here are the directions


Gloria thoughtfully includes these in the pouch. Thank goodness because I was gonna pierce those taters don't ya know!

Let's wash those potatoes and dry them with a paper towel (a towel for each because you need to wrap the paper towel around the potato)



See, just wash them and then wrap 'em up in the paper towel you used to dry them off.  Then pop them in that little pouch and into the microwave they go.


I started mine at 8 minutes because there were two potatoes and they were both good sized but I think I ended up cooking an additional three or four minutes to get them nice and soft

While those were cooking up I popped some asparagus in the oven.  Just trim off the ends and toss with some olive oil, salt and pepper.  Roast in the oven on 400 degrees for about 6-8 minutes


Now those taters are done and let's get them out and see how they are



tender, soft and fluffy....looks good



here's dinner! 

The potatoes were really good and Gloria tells us that this little dandy pouch is excellent for tortillas too.
I have to try that because my tortillas always end up getting cold and I left hubby's potato in the pouch while he was walking the dog and it was still HOT when he arrived so I think it's a tatertort pouch from now on.
Hey...it needs a fun name.

If by chance you are interested in obtaining a tatertort pouch of your own, just leave a comment and I'll put you in touch with Sweet Gloria so you can get one of your own.  

Last item of business..... I can wait no longer!!!! The Halloween decorations are going up today!!!  Seriously, I'm about to bust a gut waiting for October to get here so I decided it's close enough dag nabbit I'm putting 'em up today!!    I started in the kitchen this morning




I'm weird...did you figure that out yet??


Peace, Love and Yummies!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I put some decorations up yesterday : )

    In fact my jack-o-lantern lights are lit up right now.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF