Saturday, April 3, 2010

Creamy Lemon Crumb Squares

these need to go in the fridge for a bit so I decided to get a jump on Easter dinner tomorrow.  These are soooo yummy. I got them from the Pioneer Woman's website. My friend Susan made them last weekend too..very good recipe!!  I love lemon squares but my hubby thinks they always have a metallic taste...these he LOVED!  :0)
Let's do this peeps...

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup AP flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 stick butter ( softened)
1 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
1 cup Oats
1 can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup Lemon Juice  (use the real thing people..not out of a bottle- I used 3 large lemons)
zest of 1 lemon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix the butter and brown sugar until well combined


Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder

Add the oats and flour mixture to butter/brown sugar mixture: combine well


Now..press half of that crumb mixture into the bottom of an 8x11 pan.
In a separate bowl mix the lemon juice, lemon zest and condensed milk. Spread over the bottom layer of crumb mixture like so......

I call this the yummy middle layer because frankly....have you had anything that wasn't yummy that had eagle brand milk in it??? I think not!!

Now take the other half of the crumb mixture and sprinkle over the top of that yummy middle layer and then pop it in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until it's golden brown.  Take out of the oven and let cool on counter for 30 minutes. Cut into squares and refrigerate until completely cool.
Lemon Bliss!


and...some leftover choc. strawberries  :0)

Peace, Love and Yummies folks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF