Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mere's stuffed jalapenos

Mere asked if we could have these so I put her to work. They are soooo yummy we are having them again this weekend!!  

You need some fresh jalapenos, cut in half and seeded. (I was the lucky person to get to do this...I was coughing and sneezing the whole time! Glad we took out the seeds!!!)


Now you need some shredded cheddar cheese and some cream cheese and for fun...some bacon.
You can mix the cream cheese and the cheddar cheese together if you want or you can do like Mere and just mash them in separately..like this:

on a side note... aren't her nails too cute??!!!  Makes me wish I was 14 again!!
now you may want to slice up some bacon (I cut the slices into thirds) and wrap a piece around all that yumminess on some of them....sorry, no pics we got excited.  Once you get everything all stuffed and wrapped, pop them on a baking sheet (use a rack and a pan with sides if your put the bacon on them) and stick them in the 400 degree oven until they are nice and brown and bubbly and delicious looking like this:

Then resist the temptation to stuff them in your mouth right away, they are VERY hot!!! As soon as your mouth will allow....go for it and be amazed by the simple goodness. WARNING... I think these may be bad for your waistline because you can't eat just one!!!!

Peace, Love and Yummies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF