Friday, April 16, 2010

Garlic Lime Chicken & The Friday Happy Dance!

Friday Happy Dance peeps!!!!

Ok, before we start dinner because it's SUPER DUPER easy we have a few hubby requested items to share.

First of all.... I think I have my hanging basket back and can put my flowers in it as it appears the baby birds have flown the nest!
And it also appears that my back porch is the new birthing hospital for birds because look what's happened in my other flower basket!!!

Now how exactly am I supposed to water these flowers???  Don't tell me not to because need I remind you that these are wave double blooming petunias and I'm not about to let this pink beauty die for 1 stinking bird egg!!  Suggestions welcome...I also have to deadhead this plant without being attacked by mama birdy.

Now, I went to our new Aldi's supermarket yesterday and they had strawberries for 99cents....
and yes, they were every bit as sweet and delicious as they look.  I may have to run back today!


Onto dinner: Garlic Lime Chicken
I actually make this quite a bit because it's so easy and yummy. I took over the grilling again last night too!  Man, I am just taking over the back porch....well, at least when the birds will let me.

Cast of Characters:

1/3 cup lite soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced

Chicken , of course

Combine the first six ingredients in a large zip top bag or quite frankly I used a plastic bowl.  I'm trying to do my part to save the environment as my oldest stepdaughter is a water bottle addict!  **Hi Courtney!!**
You only have to marinate the chicken for 20 minutes but I let my chicken hang out in the marinade in the refrigerator most of the afternoon.  Then when you are ready slap those babies on the grill and cook about 6 minutes each side or until done then take 'em on in and plate 'em up!

So yummy and so moist!!!  Notice the leftover mayo biscuits from the other nite hanging out on the plate...still good but I wouldn't wait much more than 2 days to finish them off.  We have chicken/broccoli rice (from a bag....shhhhhh) and yes, salad again with our chicken and when our plates were ready we watched Survivor.  On that note....why oh why are those villian chickies so stupid to not vote off Russell!!!! And my man J.T. has been hanging out on the cattle ranch for far too long...giving that idiot Russell his idol??? PUHHHLEEEASSEEE!!!!

Enjoy your Friday... I have to go make a Pineapple Upside Down Cake for Frank and Chuck's bday celebration tonight.  yuuuummmmmooooo!!!

Peace, Love and Yummies and dont' forget to Happy Dance today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF